Monday, August 19, 2013

julia update August 2013 - new email list & NEW BOOK!

So lots of new stuff to report:

First, I have a brand new email list! If you sign up for it, you will receive monthly(ish) updates about all my upcoming performances and speaking events, newly released books, articles, music, and other projects. No spam, I promise.

To sign up, just click here!

Second, the big news: My NEW BOOK, Excluded: Making Feminist and Queer Movements More Inclusive, will be coming out this October!

Here is a short blurb for the book:

While feminist and queer/LGBTQIA+ movements are designed to challenge sexism, they often simultaneously police gender and sexuality—sometimes just as fiercely as the straight-male-centric mainstream does. Here, acclaimed feminist and queer activist Julia Serano chronicles this problem of exclusion within these movements. She advocates for a more holistic approach to fighting sexism that avoids these pitfalls, and offers new ways of thinking about gender, sexuality, and sexism that foster inclusivity rather than exclusivity.


While it's not out yet, you can read a sneak peak of the Introduction to the book on my Excluded webpage.

I plan to do some touring for the book, mostly hitting some major cities - I will share those details in my next update (which is another reason why you should sign up for my email list!). I will also be speaking at various colleges over the course of the 2013-14 year, so perhaps you can catch me doing book readings or giving presentations about the book on one of those occasions.

Also, if you happen to belong to a college organization that may be interested in bringing me to your campus, you can learn more about how to do so by checking out my booking webpage.

Last, but not least, I recently revamped my website. Stylistically, it's not much different, but a lot of new content has been added, including new writings, articles and interviews, podcasts, and other stuff! So if you haven't visited my website in a while, you should check it out when you get a chance...

OK, that's it for now. And remember, between updates, you can always check out:

my main website, my Twitter feed, and/or my Facebook page.

No comments: